2016 年高考英语词汇解析 A 1.●abandon v. 放弃，遗弃，抛弃 abandon the baby/ child/ friend abandon the plan/ idea/ effort/ hope abandon oneself to 陷入，沉湎于 2. ◎ability n. 能力； 才能 to the best of one’s ability 竭尽全力 反义词：normal 4. ◎aboard prep. adv.在船（飞机，火车）上，上船(飞机，轮船) all the people aboard 机上的人 5. about prep 关于，ad 大约，到处 I was about to go out when it began to rain. c) How/What about…询问情况或建议 above all 首先;尤其 a) go /study /live abroad b) at home and abroad 在国内外 a) be about to do sth…(when) b) look about/around/round 6 . above 7. abroad prep 在…上面 ad.到(在)国外 He abandoned himself to despair. the ability to walk 行走的能力 He completed the job to the best of his ability. They thought his behavior was abnormal. 3.●abnormal adj.不正常的，畸形的，反常的 8. ●absence n. 不在，缺席 absence from work/ school in the absence of 在缺少…条件下 9. ◎absent adj. 缺席的，不在的 The decision was made in my absence. The case was dismissed in the absence of proof. be absent from absent-minded adj. 心不在焉的 10. ◎absorb vt. 1) 吸收，吸进（液体，气体等） 2) 理解，掌握 absorb ink/ water/ neat/ light/ oxygen/ sound/ energy absorb information/ knowledge 11.●abuse v / n. 滥用，谩骂 12. accept vt. accept the gift /invitation /plan 13.●access n.方法，通路，机会 The only access to the farm was a narrow bridge. Only high officials have access to the emperor. We students have access to the school library. accessible adj. 可进入的，可接近的，可使用的 Such information is not easily accessible to the public. 14. accident n.事故，意外的事 1 be absorbed in 专注于，聚精会神于… abuse alcohol/ drugs 酗酒 /嗜毒 abuse power/ position/ privilege 滥用权力/职权/特权 accept sb/sth as…
by accident/chance 偶然，无意中；不小心 15. ●accompany v. 陪伴，伴随，伴奏 accompany sb. to the school/ supermarket Lightening usually accompanies thunder. accomplishment n. 成就，成绩 accompany the singer on / at the piano 16. ●accomplish v. 完成，到达，实现 accomplish the task/ purpose/ goal 17. according to 根据 According to the law, he should be sentenced to death. accuse sb of (doing ) sth 控告… He was soon accustomed to getting up early. My back aches so much. 18. ◎accuse vt. 指控，指责 19.● accustomed adj. 习惯的，适应的，惯常的 be/ get/ become accustomed to doing 20. ache vi./n headache / toothache vt 达到；取得 21. achieve achievement n 成就 make great achievements achieve success/victory/one’s goal; 22.◎achievement n. 成就，业绩；完成（任务等） 23.●acknowledge v. 承认，致谢 It is generally acknowledged that global warming is caused by greenhouse gases. Yaoming is acknowledged as/ to be the best player in China. I acknowledged financial support from the local government. 24. across prep cross v. I walked across the street.; cross a street; come/run across 碰到 25. act n.法令，条例 act as 充当；扮演 26. action n. 行动 28.◎activity n. 活动 29.actual a.实际的 vt.表演，扮演，行动，做事 act out 把…表演出来 take action to do sth outdoor activities 户外运动 actually adv. vt. 使适应 in (actual) fact 实际上 adaptation n. 适应 adapt to change /the city life put sth into action 把…付诸实施 take an active part in /be active in 积极参加 27. active adj. 积极的;主动的 30●adapt vi. 适应，适合，改编 adapt oneself to the new surroundings 31. add adapt the novel for a film vt 添加，增加，补充说（that） add up 把…加在一起 add up to 总计为; 总数为 b) He added that he would come again. d) These numbers add up to 100. add(…)to 添加 a) His illness added to our trouble. c) Please add these figures up. e) He added some salt to the water. 32. address n.地址 vt.写地址；向…讲话（尤指演讲） address the letter to sb. 给某人寄信 The letter was wrongly addressed. The president addressed the public. 2
33.●adjust vt. 调整，调节，适应 adjust to the dark/ the single life 34. admire v 钦佩.;羡慕 admire sb for sth adjust your speed /the volume/ the camera adjust yourself to the student life adjustment n. 调整，调节 I admire John for his courage. admit doing/having done 35. admit vt （admitted ,admitted） 1) 承认 admit one’s mistakes; He admitted having stolen the money. 2) 准许（入场，入学，入会） admit sb to /into→sb be admitted to He has been admitted to Beijing University. 36.●adopt v. 收养，采用，采纳 adopt a child the adopted son/ daughter adj. advanced 先进的/ 高级的 an advanced worker to sb’s advantage 对（某人）有利 adopt a new policy/ a suggestion/ a plan/ an attitude 37. advance vi 推进，促进；前进 in advance 预先，事先 38. advantage n. 优点，好处(可数名词) 反：disadvantage take advantage of 利用 have an advantage over 优于… 39. ◎advertise vt. 为…做广告 1）为…做广告 advertise a product / things 2）登广告征求/寻找… advertise for a new sales manager 40. advice n/u. advise vt. 忠告,劝告,建议 take/follow/ accept one’s advice 接受某人的建议 ask sb for advice 向某人寻求建议 give sb some advice on sth a piece of advice 一条建议 advise sb (not) to do; advise doing; advise that …(should)+do Our teacher advised that we should study hard. 41. ●affect vt. 影响, 深深打动，使悲伤等 Smoking affects health. People were deeply affected by the death of Jin Zhengri. I can’t afford a book/to buy the book be afraid of doing 害怕… She was afraid of waking him up. 42. afford vt. 负担得起,抽得出(时间); can/could/be able to afford sth/to do sth 43. afraid a. 害怕的；担心 be afraid to do 因为害怕不敢做…; She was afraid to go out alone at night. 44. against prep 对着，反对, 靠着，迎着，衬着 The pine tree were black against the morning sky. 3 stand against the wall (靠墙站着) go against nature; be against sth 反对 They are strongly against the plan.
45. age n.年龄；时代 vi. 变老 of the same age=of an age 46. agree vi. 同意；应允 1）agree with for ages 多年; at an early age; at the age of … ; After his wife’s death he aged quickly. ① agree with sb / what you say/your opinion. ②表示一致;― (食物、天气、工作等)对…适宜‖： The weather does not agree with me. 这种天气对我不适宜。
A verb must agree with its subject in person and number. What he does does not agree with what he says. 他言行不一致。
2）agree to the plan/ the arrangement/ the suggestion . 3）agree on /upon 主要指双/多方通过协商而取得一致意见或达成协议： We agreed on the price. 我们就价格达成了一致意见。
Both sides agreed on these terms. 双方都同意这些条件。
4) agree to do sth He agreed to go with us. 他同意同我们去。
6) I can’t/couldn’t agree more. 提前 go ahead 前进，干吧，说吧 in aid of 支持 come/ go to one’s aid 帮助某人 aid (sb/ sth) in/ with ( doing) sth 帮助某人做… 5) reach/arrive at/come to an agreement 47. ahead ad. 在前，向前 ahead of time 48.◎aid n. 援助；救护；辅助工具 first aid 急救 by ( the) aid of 借助于，通过…的帮助 v. 帮助，促进 49. aim at ① 瞄准,对准 He aimed the gun at the enemy officer. ② (向某方面)努力 She's aiming at ( trying to win) a scholarship. ③ 针对某人 My words were not aimed at you. 50.◎alike adj. 相像，十分相似 We are alike in many ways. adv. 相似的，相同的 They tr to treat their children alike. 51. alive 52. allow a. 活着的，存在的 catch …alive 活捉 keep…alive be alive with= be full of The lake was alive with fish. allow for 把 考虑进去 53. almost adv 几乎，差不多 Almost no one/nobody came to the party. 54. alone adj/adv 单独的 孤独的 1) 形容词 She is alone at home. （她独自一人在家。
） 2) 副词 I like to work alone. （我喜欢独自一人工作。
） 4 Who is the greatest man alive.(后置定语) Has everything been allowed for in your plan? There was almost no snow that winter. v 准许，允许 allow doing/ sb to do
3) ―只有，仅仅‖， The shoes alone cost $200. ※ let /leave sb /sth alone 别打扰 let alone ? lonely 1) 定语， ―孤单的，无伴侣的，无人烟的，荒凉的，偏僻的‖ 2) 表语，―孤寂的，寂寞的‖ 55. aloud feel lonely ad.大声地 read aloud/ think aloud a lonely man / island. ※ He lives alone but he doesn’t feel lonely. 更不用说 56. ◎amaze vt. 使惊奇，惊叹；震惊 What amazes me is how long she managed to hide it from us. It amazed me that he could be so calm at such a time. amazed adj. 惊奇的，惊讶的 amazing adj.令人惊奇的，惊叹的；震惊的 I’ m ___ that you have never heard of the Rolling Stones. It’s ____ how often you see drivers using mobile phones. 57. ◎ amount n. 数额（尤指数量，大小等） a large amount of +u/n large amounts of +u/n v. （数量，意义等） 等同，相当于 amount to 1) （数量上）达到，总计 Time lost through illness amounts to 1,357 working days.因疾病而损失的时间总共为 2）等于，意味着 Ultimately, their ideas amount to the same thing. 58. ● amuse vt. 使快乐，逗乐 amuse sb. 使…高兴 be amused by/at/ with 被…逗乐 59. ◎amusement n. 1) 娱乐,乐趣 amuse oneself 自娱自乐 amusement n. to one’s amusement to one’s amusement 让某人发笑 The boys amused themselves by drawing. 归根结底，他们想的都是一回事。
The funny drawings amused the kids. They were dancing and singing in the car, much to the amusement of passers-by. 他们在车里跳舞，唱歌，让路人感到十分有趣。
2) 娱乐活动，消遣活动 amusements amused / amusing adj. amuse vt. amuse sb/ oneself 使开心，逗笑 an amused smile / look/ expression 愉快的微笑/ 神情/ 表情 an amusing story/ film 有趣的，好笑的，逗人发笑的故事/ 电影 60. angry adj 生气的，愤怒的 (angrily /angrier ) be angry at (about) 因为…而生气 be angry with sb 生某人的气 61. announce vt. 宣布，宣告，公布 announce sth to sb announce that announce a decision / plan/ intention make an announcement 62.◎announcement n. 通告，通知 5 At the end of the meeting , it was announced that an agreement had been reached.
63.◎annoy vt. （使）烦恼 be annoyed with sb.for (at) sth. annoying adj. 讨厌的，令人烦恼的 What annoyed him most was that he had received no apology. annoyed adj. 略感烦恼（生气）的 It’s _____that we didn’t know about this before.令人恼火的事，我们事先并不知道这一切 Mr Davies was ____that the books were missing.戴维斯先生生气了，因为那些书不见了。
64. answer n. the answer to the question 65. ◎anxiety n. 忧虑，焦急，担心 anxious adj. 焦虑的，不安的；担心的 be anxious about sth for sb 渴望的，急切的 be anxious to do sth 67. ◎apologize n. 道歉，歉意 apology n. make an apology/ apologies to sb for sth 68. ●appeal v. n. 吸引，呼吁，恳求 The design has appealed to people of all ages. have/ hold appeal for sb. 对某人有吸引力 69. appear 1) vi. 出现，露面 2) 系动词 似乎，好像 It appears (to sb) that /as if It appears to me that he will win It appears that all the files have been deleted.档案好像都已经被删除了。
Police say there appear to be signs of a break-in.称似乎有破门而入的迹象。
70. ◎appearance n. 出现，露面；容貌 71.◎application n.申请 72. apply v. 申请 apply sth to …运用，应用 apply for judge by appearances 以貌取人 make an application for 申请；请求，接洽 apply oneself to 致力于，集中精力做某事 I appeal to you to protect the environment. lose one’s appeal 失去吸引力 apologise to sb for sth v. answer a question/the door/the phone； answer for 对… 负责 You will have to answer for your wrong doing one day. The man suddenly ______ from behind the tree scared me. appear+ (to be) + n/adj 似乎 He appeared to be happy in the news. 73. ●appoint vt. 任命，委派，安排，确定 1) 任命，委派 A committee was appointed to consider the plan. 一个会被指定去研究这些计 划。
He was appointed as chairman. Everyone got there at the appointed time. In the evening he made his way to the appointed meeting place. 74. appointment n. make an appointment 约定、会 75. ◎appreciate vt. 欣赏；感激 his appointment as president 他担任总统的任命 appreciate your concern 6 2). 约定，确定 appreciate doing sth appreciate your abilities/ fine works of art I’d appreciate it if you let me get on with my job.